The incessant ramblings of a Mom, Teacher and Wife

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Been a while...

Sorry...I was out having a life...apparently.  AND...I was so busy I missed it!  UGH!  So, I have a bit of catching up to do, and I will. 

After we talk about papaya.  This isn't really about papaya...it's more about my strange and interesting family dynamics, but it started with papaya.(and it's on my mind, so it's what I'm writing about)

Last night my phone rang at exactly 12:01...I had literally just gotten my side of the bed warm.  It was my brother...and I ignored it.  As I got back in bed, Matt asked, "why not answer it?" and I said that if he hadn't just butt dialed me he would call me again...no sooner had I said this than the phone was ringing again.  Okay, must be important.  The conversation went something like this,
"Hey."
"Hey yourself, what's up?"
"Were you sleeping?"
"Yeah, it's midnight..."
"It's not midnight there, that means it's 1 o'clock here...oh, crap it's 1 o'clock here...I'm sorry."
"It's alright, what's going on?"
"So, I need to know how you feel about papayas"  
RIGHT...my little brother NEEDS to know how I FEEL about papayas at 1 am his time on a Monday night.  I briefly thought about saying, "not much, I haven't got to spend a lot of time with them..." but thought better of it. 

While I'm thinking about it, I don't like mangoes either.  

No comments:

Post a Comment