The incessant ramblings of a Mom, Teacher and Wife

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Following the Directions or Why I'm Not a Food Blogger

In order to save a little cash, I have gotten into the habit of buying boxed cookie mix instead of pre-made cookies from Keebler or Nabisco or whatever.  Usually it saves me about $4 a month...thats not really a whole lot, but its a corner and I cut it. 

SO...this evening, I decided to make a batch of cookies.  This is not rocket science, you do what the box tells you, let the cookies cool, eat a couple, pack some in the kids lunch box, eat a couple more and put them away. 

WOULD YOU LOOK AT THOSE COOKIES?!?!?! 

Isn't that awesome?  Yeah, completely ruined 2 dozen cookies.  How?...you might ask.  I followed the damn directions!  "Pre-heat oven to 375"  I think to myself...that's a little different...okay.  "Bake for 8-10 minutes"  Let's go with eight, I can always keep them in if they need it.  Ya'll they were SMOKING!  Then, to add insult to injury, I thought I'd be smart and cut off the bottoms...yeah...no... The whole flippin' cookie tasted like burnt...uh...cookie.  

I had enough dough for one more dozen...so I lowered the temperature to 350, and cooked for 8 minutes.  Those cookies were awesome. 

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's time to buy a thermometer for your oven? It may be off..or the directions are crappy. At least you got a dozen out of it.

    ReplyDelete