The incessant ramblings of a Mom, Teacher and Wife

Thursday, February 16, 2012

The First

Right...so...I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing.  I've wanted to start a blog for a long time but never thought I had anything useful to say.  I still don't...really.  BUT...I figure I can give it a shot and see how it goes.  Whatever. 
So...what you need to know about me... 
Well...I'm a Mom.  I have a 4 1/2 year old son and a 15 1/2 year old not-daughter.  (Not-daughter?  you ask, right...because we don't use "Step"-- too many bad connotations).  My kids are pretty much my everything.  Many people can't understand that not-parents can and do love their not-children "just as much" as their bio-kids.  Here's how I look at it...do you love all of your kids?  Yes.  Do you love all of them the exact same?  No.  Everyone loves their kids different.  Me too. 

I'm a teacher.  I've been teaching for 7 years and I love it.  I have taught 6th grade, 8th grade and High School.  I'm a Social Studies teacher by degree, but am working on getting certified in Language Arts and in Special Education.  I also have my certification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).  I didn't grow up wanting to be a teacher, but I love it and I've been told that I'm pretty good at it...so...

I'm a wife.  Last?  Yes.  But not least.  I have an amazing husband who spoils me rotten.  He's also been known to drive me absolutely crazy.  He's funny, smart, super hot and an amazing Dad.  Unlike most women, I had the privilege of watching my husband be a Dad before we got married...and I knew that I wanted him to be the father of my kids.  He's finishing up his military career teaching classes here in Texas and all over the world.  He's also working on his Masters degree in Instructional Design.  Did I mention that he's smart? 

So...what's this all about?  Well...Us, really. I'll probably talk about cooking, crafting, lesson planning, family "Stay"cations and road trips, military life, trying to live frugally, ...  At this point...if it has to do with us...it's fair game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment